Saturday, June 28, 2008
2. I tried sending mails from outlook over a connection of mobily connect but couldn't find any docs that specify the smtp server to be used. mail.nesma.net.sa used to work before but now a strange delivery failure message is returned, which says the particular IP (assigned when we connect) is blocked by some xyz! ( the message is IP# xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is blacklisted by zen.spamhaus.org. No mail will be accepted)
3. With postpaid the top download speed I observed was upto 250 k bytes/sec and now with pre paid I have seen it crossing 300 KB! I don't know whether it is likewise now with postpaid.
4. In the beginning, sending SMS used to be free from postpaid, but later on they started adding the cost in my invoice. With pre-paid, I haven't tried yet.
Following is a copy/paste from mobily site. I can't get the link because its available only if you login to the mobily site.
Mobily Connect Business enables your Business to access the Internet or your Corporate Intranet easy, cheap and extremely fast. With Mobily Connect Business you achieve download speed of up to 7.2 Mbps, whether you are at home; at the office; on the road; sitting in a café, or anywhere else for that matter, with Mobily’s comprehensive coverage.
Also, if you are not using your own email server inside your Company each Mobily Connect subscriber will benefit from a state-of-the-art e-mail service.
Mobily Connect Business offers its users convenience with its easy to use Plug & Play USB modems for single or multiple users that allows connecting in minutes. For more sophisticated requirements. Mobily Connect is a service that helps you get more out of your Wireless Connection.
Choose your desired bundle and enjoy a hassle free experience. If you subscribe to any of our business bundles, you get a data SIM card, a USB 7.2Mbps modem or a USB 7.2 router, free included e -mail accounts with 1 GB inbox size each and free data according to your subscription type (1GB; 5GB; Unlimited).
USB Connect Corporate Bundle:
Bundle Type 1 GB 5 GB Unlimited Stand Alone Device 950 SR 1 month bundle 950 SR 1050 SR 1200 SR 6 months bundle 1150 SR 1750 SR 2650 SR extra 1 month for free 12 months bundle* 1750 SR 2950 SR 4750 SR extra 3 months for free
* With 12 month unlimited customer have option to take 3 months add on for free or another USB Connect for free
Router Corporate Bundle:
Bundle Type 1 GB 5 GB Unlimited Stand Alone Device 1300 SR 1 month bundle 1200 SR 1300 SR 1450 SR 6 months bundle 1550 SR 2150 SR 3050 SR extra 1 month for free 12 months bundle* 2150 SR 3350 SR 5150 SR extra 3 months for free
* With 12 month unlimited customer have option to take 3 months add on for free or another router or USB Connect for free
* Prices include the data bundle price for 1, 6 and 12 months subscription + hardware and Data SIM card.
* One Data SIM
* Free Included Email addresses
* Data Subscription for the first month
* Hardware (USB Connect Card or USB Router) the following prices will apply:
* You can buy the 7.2 Mbps USB modem and the Wireless router also separate in combination with your existing Mobily SIM and data subscription.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Any one had similar experience?
Update on 02-July-2008: My Zbox was showing red on the internet indicator since last friday afternoon and I was without connection ever since. I have been calling their toll free number (920000820) and was forced to listen to Muhammed Sakka for long time and many times and every time none was there to answer my calls. Today, luck had it on me and it was answered! Up on hearing the complaint they advised me to call the modem support number - 8001244999. I called this number and they fixed the problem and now it is working though the speed is still much lower than expected. They additionally advised to call STC because there is frequent disconnection in the line which I am not going to, because there was nothing of the sort with DSL. It was on all the while when I had this problem for the last 5 days.
Update on 6th Jul 2008: The connection, was functioning at-least for namesake (with reduced speed) until last night. Since last night, the red light on the internet indicator reappeared. Waited until 8 am to call the support. Tried the 800 number and none attended and then tried 9200.. number and as usual, after a long wait (8+ minutes), I was answered and was told again to call the modem support number. This time another modem support number was given which is 920000720. To my misfortune, I assumed it as a free number and listened to the recorded message for about 20 minutes in my postpaid mobile. No one attended.
Then as a sudden revelation, it came to my mind that if in case its a paid call, I am doing something very foolish. How to check? Ok, there is a way. I used another mobile with pre-paid credit and listened the recorded messages for about 34 seconds. On disconnecting, what I saw was really scary. A clean 43 halalah's has been zapped from the credit! I have been listening to the recorded messages since last few days for long durations, and I going to have a treat when I get my mobile bill! :)
Anyone reading this, if not aware already, be warned that calling Zajoul using 9200.. numbers cost dearly. Probably thats the case with every 92 numbers. (Is it one more revenue stream for STC and the participating firms ?! )
After all those misfortune, one good thing happened was, by 8:45 am, the internet indicator changed from red to off and after sometime to green and thereafter the internet was ok.
- ▼ 2008 (9)